Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC.
Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Structures Materials Mechanisms and Thermal Engineering (SMT).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
This position is aimed to provide expert engineering support in the area of metallic Materials and associated manufacturing and applied Processes (M&P) as well as Cleanliness & Contamination Control (CCC) Support to all ESA Projects and related development programme for current and future missions. For further information, read here.
The principle tasks and responsibilities include:
- Act as electronic assembly expert focal point for defined ESA projects, reporting to the project customers and provide technical expertise in MPSBs and NRBs.
- Act as technical expert for the review of assembly verification in compliance with ECSS.
- Act as technical auditor for the ESA audit of electronic assembly line.
- Support Mandatory Inspection Points as a Cat 2 Inspector for electronic assembly.
- Support relevant working groups, both internally and externally, for technical coordination in the area of electronic assembly and PCB technologies.
- Support to relevant project Assembly MPCBs.
- Coordinate and support laboratory testing, characterisation and verification for electronic assembly and repair (soldering, solderless connection, crimping, etc.) as well as printed circuit boards.
- Contribute to technology development strategy and implementation including Pb-free transition.
- Contribute the development of relevant requirements and standards
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in materials engineering and science, materials physics/metallurgy or another related field.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
- Experience in conducting electronic assembly verification reviews.
- Knowledge of ECSS-Q-ST-70, 70-26/61/70-71 requirement.
- Good knowledge of PCB technologies Capability to take technical recommendations and decisions in electronic.
- Assembly and materials and processes in general.
- Experience in defining and executing test plans qualification and process validation.
- Knowledge in lead free and/or COTS assembly.
Legal and Security Requirements
All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Please apply quoting TEC-SMT- 894 (RT-C/TEC-MSP/00894) as reference.