We drive economic growth and job creation for all Australians
The Agency is looking for candidates to join our exciting flagship Moon to Mars program. The Moon to Mars initiative gives Australian businesses and researchers the opportunity to showcase and build their knowledge and capabilities through projects that can support NASA’s Moon to Mars program. The team is responsible for three integrated programs under the initiative: Supply Chain, Demonstrator, and Trailblazer.
The Agency is seeking candidates for the following roles, and will seek to align candidates’ skills across the positions to meet team needs. The Agency will create a merit list from this recruitment that can be used to fill any upcoming positions.
Our ideal candidate
We are seeking a program manager with passion to build the capability and capacity of the Australian space industry to provide day to day management of the demonstrator program. The Demonstrator program has two components, Feasibility and Mission grants
The required skills and experience for this position include:
- space industry or high technology development experience, either nationally or internationally
- project and or program management experience on engineering or scientific projects
- ability to work with industry towards achievement of successful project outcomes
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work effectively within a government organisation, including having knowledge of, and compliance with legislative, financial and administrative frameworks, government decision making process and Agency guidelines and regulations (or ability to develop those quickly)
- systems engineering skills and experience is desired
- demonstrable delivery of space project(s) to TRL7 or greater is desired
What you will do
This role will provide you the opportunity to work with grantees to develop the Australian space sector’s space heritage.
Working with teams across the country, the successful candidate will:
- provide advice and support to industry to minimise project risk and support achievement of outcomes to build space heritage
- plan, implement, and track program activities
- review and manage agreements, assessment of milestones and project progress
work with industry stakeholders to further program outcomes and coordinate activities across industry
- assist to ensure probity, and transparent competitive assessment processes are upheld
- draft and prepare reports, briefs, and other communication material for decision-makers and stakeholders
- support the broader Moon to Mars team to assist workload management.
- To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
- These positions require a minimum baseline security. It is desirable that the candidate has, or has the ability to obtain an NV1 clearance.
- A merit pool will be established to fill similar ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 6 and Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
- The Agency Headquarters is in Adelaide and the preference is for these roles to be based in the headquarters.
- Please ensure you are familiar with the Enterprise Agreement for the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, including expected salary and conditions of employment before applying. This can be found on the Department’s website.