We drive economic growth and job creation for all Australians
The Agency is looking for candidates to join our exciting flagship Moon to Mars program. The Moon to Mars initiative gives Australian businesses and researchers the opportunity to showcase and build their knowledge and capabilities through projects that can support NASA’s Moon to Mars program. The team is responsible for three integrated programs under the initiative: Supply Chain, Demonstrator, and Trailblazer.
The Agency is seeking candidates for the following roles, and will seek to align candidates’ skills across the positions to meet team needs. The Agency will create a merit list from this recruitment that can be used to fill any upcoming positions.
Our ideal candidate
We are seeking a program manager with passion to build the Australian space industry to provide day to day management of the supply chain program. The program has two components: a grant component via AusIndustry (Supply Chain Capability Improvement grants (SCCG)), and a procurement component (Supply Chain Facilitation (SCF)).
The required skills and experience for this position include:
- project and/or program management experience, preferably on technical, scientific, or engineering projects
- exposure to, or experience in Government procurements
- excellent stakeholder management, liaison and coordination skills
- analytical and business intelligence/industry facilitation experience
- experience reviewing and analysing reports and information to assess program progress and needs
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to work effectively within a government organisation, including having knowledge of, and compliance with legislative, financial and administrative frameworks, government decision making process and Agency guidelines and regulations (or ability to develop those quickly).
What you will do
This role will manage workload within a team with diverse responsibilities and changing workload across programs. This role will also provide you the opportunity to work with a number of staff in teams across the department.
Working with stakeholders spread across the country, the successful candidate will:
- plan, implement, and track program activities
- coordinate industry facilitation workshops and events
- management of contracts/agreements, assessment of milestones, budgets and invoices
- work with teams from the broader Department to achieve program outcomes
- assist to ensure probity, and transparent competitive assessment processes are upheld
- perform program and strategic analysis (of metrics and other data) and manage adjustments to support the program outcomes
- draft and prepare reports, briefs, and other communication material for decision-makers and stakeholders
- support the broader Moon to Mars team to assist workload management
- To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
- These positions require a minimum baseline security. It is desirable that the candidate has, or has the ability to obtain an NV1 clearance.
- A merit pool will be established to fill similar ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 6 and Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
- The Agency Headquarters is in Adelaide and the preference is for these roles to be based in the headquarters.
- Please ensure you are familiar with the Enterprise Agreement for the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, including expected salary and conditions of employment before applying. This can be found on the Department’s website.