We reach the unconnected and we protect people. We provide high-throughput Ka-band satellite connectivity with extensive coverage across Europe, Middle East and Africa. In orbit and on the ground, we have built a set of assets to deliver rural backhaul and provide mission critical satellite capacity for our communication industry partners.
Avanti Communications is the leading Ka-band high throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in EMEA – extending and guaranteeing coverage for defence missions, enterprise solutions and critical public services. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and partners in 118 countries, Avanti provides dedicated fixed and flexible-beam satellite connectivity, with extensive coverage across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Avanti has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates orbital slots in the Ka-band spectrum, satellites, ground stations, data centres and a fibre ring.
We are proud to be leading the way in connecting the unconnected as we continue with our journey of delivering on our unique point of view on the world to ‘Be More’. We believe everyone has the potential to achieve their ambitions and we are determined to continue in creating opportunities to support this.
Come and join Avanti and be part of the team that will make the difference leveraging our satellite technology that improves access to education, medicine and helps create a safe environment to live and work. Surely everyone deserves this.
The role holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Avanti Gateway Earth Station (GES). They will be responsible for managing the local GES facility providers, the facility, the antennas, the data center, and all aspects of the Ground infrastructure supporting the Avanti service. Provide proactive support to other Gateway team members whilst performing complex and supporting tasks associated with Gateway Operations and the respective facilities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with Avanti 24/7 NOC over ongoing operational issues, maintenance activities and fault resolution activities;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with local facility providers in both Berlin and Frankfurt;
- Monitor real-time German Gateway operations, tracking and reporting progress to ensure service level agreements are met by the facility providers;
- Provide technical support in maintaining and troubleshooting equipment across the Gateways;
- Provide support for operations testing of all new software releases pertaining to applications within the German Gateway;
- Ensure Gateway Operational procedures are continually updated, followed, and implemented correctly;
- Manage and own production of reports and ensure correct logging and fault reporting on operational activities;
- Be the point of contact for all escalated operational issues, coordinate as necessary between GOC, other Avanti departments and other operational entities and customers;
- Ensure continued availability of all Operational applications within German Gateway Facility;
- Ensure strict “Change Control Policy / Authority to Work” is adhered to within German Gateway Facility and its operational systems and areas;
- Review future development plans, purchasing equipment and services in a timely and cost-effective manner and maintaining equipment inventories;
- Assume the delegated responsibilities of the Manager, as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Right to work and live in Germany
- Excellent organisational, management and team working skills, able to work autonomously and independently
- Knowledge of Satellite technology and RF Transmissions
- Technical degree in telecommunications.
- Experience of working directly with prime contractors and with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with the prime contractor with authority
- Cabling (RF and network) experience
- Excellent command of the Engligh and German language, both verbally and written
- Good presentation and customer service skills
- Previous project management skills
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/