The main responsibility is the active involvement, as Senior Software Developer, in the proposal development, project development architecture and integration of automated test systems. By using modern software tools and emerging platforms such as LabVIEW, involved in integration of advanced test and measurement instruments, Industrial Communication Protocols and Data Acquisition systems, plus factory automation systems.
- Follow up, involve and release best practices on programming design architectures.
- Ensure the architecture design and quality on the development projects, with each technical leader of the projects.
- Work proactively as a mentor with team members to solve and find issues/defects in the architecture solution in order to provide the better strategy to solve it.
- Ensure that in all projects and proposals the team has the ability to prioritize deliverables milestones.
- Continues improvement activities participating proactively on new process but also improve the actual ones, to be more effectives in the execution of the projects.
- Support sales areas as Test System Architect to push for complex projects and create confidence with the customer to work with Averna. This need to include the creation of information to our department showing our capabilities as engineering team including industry trends, standards and typical industry challenges to test their products.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Possess at least 5-10 years of experience as software developer.
- Understanding of software architecture engineering and development;
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming architecture;
- Design of patterns and UML;
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux development environments commonly used libraries;
- Proficient in programming languages as LabVIEW and TestStand;
- Knowledge in Python and/or C# is an asset;
- Knowledge in the integration of test platforms and industrial automation.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to take on role of Test System Architect in all projects;
- Teamwork with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines;
- Strong ownership of responsibilities, can be managed by objectives alone, but skilled at escalating issues when necessary.
- High fluency in English written & spoken (many of our customers are in USA);
- You might have to travel 2-4 weeks periods or more, when required by our customer.