At Averna, we offer the opportunity to work on-site at some of our BIG-LEAGUE clients in Silicon Valley. Additionally, working at Averna means you're part of a company that was awarded 2016’s Outstanding Technical Resources - Platinum Level, by National Instruments during NI week.
The Averna Experience
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services for communications and electronics device makers worldwide, accelerating product development, quality and innovation.
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with colleagues in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia.
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in the development of market-leading high-tech products in the telecom, transportation, electronics and multimedia sectors.
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that will stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and team.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people, enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law.
- At Averna, we work with customers to strengthen test capabilities and ensure product quality through our unique expertise and innovation. Our renowned customers’ systems and products are always improving and adapting to technology, leaving our teams with many interesting challenges and projects to tackle.
As a Senior Software Developer, your expertise in software engineering and cloud data automation will be used to develop the next generation technologies in a Linux environment for one of our Big-League customers located in the Bay Area.
- Working from any of our North American Averna offices (Montreal, Canada; San Rafael, Sunnyvale, Charlotte, USA; Guadalajara, Mexico), your responsibilities will be:
- As part of the team, you are involved in the development and integration of various software programs for validation systems;
- Successfully act as a leader for specific projects, work with engineers to develop software, and develop methodologies and tools to support the team;
- Contribute to the development of a test platform utilized worldwide by internal teams and vendors;
- Utilize your strong ownership of responsibilities, time management, and results driven nature to achieve objectives in multidisciplinary, and international teams;
- Evaluate system architectures, develop validation plans and perform risk assessments;
- Participate in the integration, validation and commissioning of software;
- Work closely with QA team and use of formal and effective development methodologies and documentation review;
- Perform code reviews and propose solutions to anticipate and resolve problems.
- As a Senior Software Developer at Averna, we will encourage you to innovate and voice your ideas on a regular basis. We are looking for someone that is passionate about working in the high-tech industry and that has the following:
- With a minimum of 5 years of experience; you’ve mastered your studies in engineering or technical field, and have experience developing software in Python, preferably in a Linux environment;
- You have experience automating data management on cloud systems with includes pulling and pushing data on databases;
- You understand software engineering principles and development, have knowledge of object-oriented programming and the integration of test platforms and industrial automation. Some exposure to manufacturing test stations is an asset.
What’s in it for YOU
- Flexible work hours and full benefits;
- A day off for your birthday;
- Competitive total compensation.
So, are you ready for a challenge, work in a multi disciplinary team and have an immediate impact on our projects? Well, this role is for you.