AIV (Assembly Integration Validation) engineer
Avio is a leading company in space propulsion. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family.
Avio is looking for a senior electrical/avionics AIV (Assembly Integration Validation) engineer to cover the role of AIV Manager for launch vehicle, space craft and their avionics sub systems. The candidate will be part of AIV Engineering Team, coordinating it, and he/she will respond to Head of Avionics System department.
- Support to the acceptance campaign of avionics S/S in Europe and abroad with a role of “Technical Authority”. Test results analysis, draw up the official test report, manage all the avionics/electrical non-conformances raised during the campaign.
- Definition and management of a verification plan for the avionic system in production. Draw up of Acceptance Test Specification, treatment/justification of the request for deviation/waiver on the avionics S/S.
- Definition and management of a verification/development plan (DV Plan) for the new space projects.
- Definition of the test requirements according to the checks required for the various project requirements at avionics system and sub system level. Draw up of Qualification Test Specification.
- Definition of the verification methods applicable to each requirement and management of the verification control document (VCD)
- Definition of the implementation details and the test execution phases in cooperation with the AIT team.
Main Technical/Soft Skills
- The activities requested to the candidate are mainly focused to the functional and electrical verification of launch and orbital vehicles (in production and qualification). A large multidisciplinary avionics/electrical knowledge are requested (radiofrequency communication, bus communication, EMC, Power distribution).
- Knowledge of the various verification approaches in the case of EM development models, QM qualification, PFM proto-qualification, FM acceptance
- Knowledge of the various standard (ECSS/MIL) related to the system verification and testing.
- Knowledge of the DOORS tool for requirements management
- Attitude to co-engineering with the project team and AIT, to ensure completeness of verification data and clarity in the evidence for the closure of the requirements.
The ideal candidate shall be in possession of:
- Minimum of 5 years’ of working experience in a similar role in the space/military/automotive sector.
- Master’s degree in electronic/electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in the English language (spoken and written). Conversational in France language is also preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility, ability to work under pressure, both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks. Problem solving and risk management skills are also required.