Avionics Test Engineer
Avio is a leading company in space propulsion. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family.
About the job
Within the Industrial Operations Department, in the area of Electrical Integration Testing, Avionics Testing, and HWIL Laboratories, we are looking for an Avionics Test Engineer.
The person we are seeking will participate in development and production testing activities on Launchers and Assemblies. In particular, their responsibilities will include:
- Definition of test setups based on Test Specifications and Interface Specifications.
- Validation of test setups and preparation of related reports.
- Preparation of test procedures based on test specifications and test setup definitions.
- Participation in Assembly acceptance campaigns and flight campaigns both in Europe and French Guiana (at the Centre Spatial Guyannais) as an Avionics Specialist/Test Conductor.
- Participation in the management/investigation/resolution of anomalies encountered during test campaigns.
- Preliminary analysis of test results.
- Preparation and participation in formal reviews associated with test campaigns (TRR, PTR, TRB).
- Master’s degree in electronic or aerospace engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in similar roles in the Aerospace field.
- Knowledge of EGSE architectures and experience in their use.
- Experience in defining and implementing Automatic Test Sequences.
- Knowledge of major electronic measurement instruments (multimeters, oscilloscopes, megohmmeters).
- Experience in RF testing is a preferred qualification.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and leadership.
- Ability to synthesize and resolve multidisciplinary technical and managerial issues.
- Teamwork skills.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Availability for travel (3-4 weeks) to French Guiana for Flight Campaigns.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the French language is a preferred qualification.