Launch Vehicle Mechanical Engineer
Avio is a leading company in space propulsion. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family.
Avio is a leading international group in the development and manufacture of space launchers and solid and liquid propulsion systems for space transport. We are present in Italy, France and French Guiana with 5 factories in which work over 1,000 highly qualified professionals, 30% of which in research and development activities.
We are looking for a Launch Vehicle Mechanical Engineer for Avio France, based in Paris.
As part of the Avio Technical Department, the Mechanical Assembly Integration Verification System Engineer is responsible of LV assemblies’ definition and acceptance, moreover defines and manages the layout of the launcher assemblies and the integration logics.
Main Duties of VEGA C A5 Assembly Mechanical AIV System Engineer:
- manages the flow-down of mechanical interface requirements from system level to the component level and ensures their consistency;
- defines and manages the mechanical interface specifications of the assembly;
- specify the mechanical interface of the assembly to comply with mechanical requirement coming from satellite and mission;
- defines assembly integration plan and acceptance specification;
- manages the assembly configuration by issuing and maintaining the definition dossier (DID);
- defines the implementation specifications (SMO) which are the input for integration procedures issuing;
- manages the lay-out analysis and definition process;
- defines corrective and preventive actions for assembly integration anomalies;
- As technical authority for mechanical aspects of launcher, he takes part to Assembly and Launch Vehicle integration campaigns and declares the conformity for what concerns mechanical performance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (BAC+5 minimum);
- Mastery of english is required,
- 3 years’ previous experience on similar tasks;
- Background in satellite mechanical design is desirable;
Requirements for VEGA C A5 Assembly Mechanical AIV System Engineer role:
- Experience in the technical management of complex systems involving multiple areas of the company organization
- Knowledge of space launcher architecture
- Knowledge of verification and test processes of a space system product according to ECSS standard
- Knowledge of configuration management in space and more specifically in ESA (ECSS standard)
- Knowledge of 3D design environment (CATIA)
The job requires:
- international mindset;
- communication skills;
- teamwork skill: specifically, work interfaces are tight with Launch Service Provider team, with Avio product engineers and disciplinary team;
- problem solving;
The position is vacant with a CDI.
Paris intra-muros, beginning ASAP.
The job implies frequent travels in Europe and sporadic in French Guyana or non-European countries.