MBSE System Engineer
Avio is a leading company in space propulsion. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family.
About the job
Who are we? Avio is an international group that is a leader in the development and production of space launchers and solid and liquid propulsion systems for space transportation. We operate in Italy, France, and French Guiana with five facilities where over 1,000 highly skilled professionals work, 30% of whom are engaged in research and development activities.
What do we do? The experience and know-how acquired over more than 50 years enable the Avio group to be a leader in the field of space propulsion and launchers. In particular, Avio operates as the prime contractor for the Vega program and as a subcontractor for the Ariane program, both of which are funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), representing Italy among the limited number of countries in the world capable of designing and producing space vehicles.
Who are we looking for? If you are a person who is willing to experiment, curious and ambitious, with a strong focus on innovation and a sense of responsibility, then join our team! We are constantly seeking professionals who want to contribute to the development of technologically innovative projects.
What do we offer? A stimulating, innovative, and international environment focused on the growth and development of highly qualified professional skills. We offer training and career paths with the aim of creating growth opportunities and acquiring new know-how, with the possibility of collaborating on unique international projects.
MBSE System Engineer
The role holder works at AVIO within the System Processes and Database Design group, contributing to the definition, implementation, and optimization of System Engineering processes.
The activities they will be responsible for include:
- Managing the Requirement Management process
- Managing, maintaining, and supporting the system requirements management database.
- Introducing and applying the MBSE methodology within AVIO’s development processes, including the definition and formalization of the related process.
- Drafting process documentation in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Analyzing company management processes and data flows to identify areas for improvement and efficiency.
- Supporting the development and elaboration of system specifications, actively contributing to the implementation of SysML diagrams.
- Analyzing interoperability issues between models developed throughout the life cycle of a system (digital continuity).
- Participating in technical meetings.
- Supporting the development team of custom SW solutions.
- Supporting users in the use of applications.
- Managing and producing technical documentation.
- Implementing scripts/tools aimed at process optimization.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Electronics Engineering/Automatics.
- More than 8 years of experience in System Engineering, preferably with complex systems.
- Knowledge of System Engineering processes.
- Previous experience in requirement management.
- Knowledge of DOORS and its DXL programming language for creating scripts/additional functionality.
- In-depth knowledge of the MBSE methodology.
- Ability to use “Model-Based System Engineering” tools and modeling methodologies (SysML) to produce engineering system models.
- Basic knowledge of programming and database management.
- Knowledge of the European space context is a plus.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Excellent written and spoken English proficiency.
- Knowledge of CATIA No Magic is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Proactivity and goal orientation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Precision and method.
- Ability to interact with end customers.