Avio is a leading company in space propulsion. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family.
About the job
Within the Continuous Improvement Directorate, reporting to the Process Improvement Manager, we are looking for a Planning Engineer who will be responsible for:
- Developing the integrated project master schedule with end-to-end logic, referring to the established logics within the contractual documents (SOW, DDVP…), interfacing with the Project Manager and various company departments.
- Monitoring and periodically updating the master schedule by verifying the progress status of activities with their respective responsible parties.
- Analyzing the schedule using specific techniques and analyses (CPM, LT Analysis, what-if scenario analysis…) to highlight any critical issues in the plan and notifying the project team, providing all necessary elements to identify potential risks, and facilitating discussions for the identification of mitigation actions with the goal of meeting contractual commitments.
- Maintaining and updating the company’s integrated multi-project tool for the relevant projects, with the support of analyses derived from the multi-project perspective, focusing on bottlenecks and workload analysis.
- Supporting the measurement process of KPIs, particularly OTM (On-Time Delivery) and associated Root Causes for any schedule delays.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Economics.
- 2-3 years of experience in advanced industrial contexts (Space/Defense experience is considered a plus).
- Knowledge of major techniques, methodologies, and tools for operational planning in multi-project environments (with particular attention to production activities planning and development/engineering).
- Familiarity with major project management methodologies and best practices.
- Analytical and critical evaluation skills of production and product development scenarios.
- Knowledge of accounting principles related to the economic management of contracts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
We offer challenging projects and a professional environment. The level of employment will be commensurate with the candidate’s seniority.