Senior RAMS Engineer
Avio is a leading company in space propulsion. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family.
About the job
Who are we? Avio is an international group that is a leader in the development and production of space launchers and solid and liquid propulsion systems for space transportation. We have operations in Italy, France, and French Guiana, with five facilities employing over 1,000 highly skilled professionals, 30% of whom are involved in research and development activities.
What do we do? With over 50 years of experience and expertise, Avio is a leader in the field of space propulsion and launchers. In particular, Avio serves as the prime contractor for the Vega program and as a subcontractor for the Ariane program, both funded by the European Space Agency (ESA). This positions Italy among the select few countries in the world capable of designing and producing space vehicles.
Who are we looking for? If you are an individual who is eager to experiment, curious, ambitious, and always focused on innovation with a strong sense of responsibility, then join our team! We are constantly seeking professionals who want to contribute to the development of technologically innovative projects.
What do we offer? A stimulating, innovative, and international environment dedicated to the growth and development of highly qualified professional skills. We provide training and career paths aimed at creating opportunities for growth and the acquisition of new know-how, with the possibility of collaborating on unique international projects.
Senior RAMS Engineer
Avio is seeking a Senior RAMS Engineer to join the Engineering Department.
The RAMS engineer is responsible for preparing RAMS analyses of AVIO products (systems/subsystems) during the entire development and qualification phase.
In particular, the Senior RAMS Engineer will perform the following tasks:
- Define the RAMS requirements baseline at the system level and allocate them to subsystems and equipment.
- Demonstrate compliance with the previously allocated requirements at any level of the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS).
- Support the design team in defining the best architectural and technical solutions with the aim of maximizing reliability and reducing safety risks.
- Perform key RAMS analyses (Risk Analysis, FMECA, FTA, reliability calculations, etc.) as required by the specific program.
- Support the follow-up of involved suppliers.
- Support Design Reviews and the preparation of related technical documentation (technical specifications, interface specifications, justification files, etc.).
- Support the writing and definition of operational integration procedures in compliance with applicable safety constraints and regulations.
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience in RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety) gained in any industrial sector (e.g., space, railways, defense, oil & gas, etc.).
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the product development process, from conceptual studies to final qualification.