Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services.
OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES
Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services. The network will connect remote sensing satellites when they would otherwise be idle, such as over the ocean, enabling greater data throughput and lower latency.
The company is based out of MIT’s “The Engine,” a home for Tough Tech founders building the next generation of world-changing companies in Cambridge. We are recruiting people with cutting-edge minds that thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to work with us to deploy a constellation of satellites that enables a real-time view of our planet.
- Implement spacecraft avionics software for use on-board spacecraft
- Implement software for automated testing at component, functional and system levels, including HITL (Hardware in the Loop) testing
- Turn model and simulations into usable Flight Software
- Implement simulation and modeling components for verification and integration
- Designing and implementing sensor fusion techniques (e.g., via Kalman Filters) typical with spacecraft platforms
- Create thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, and documentation
- Continuous improvement of job-related engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace
- Engineering (or a comparable background knowledge)
- At least 5 years of professional experience required
- Adept in some programming language and environment: C99/C++11, or Python preferable
- Strong analytical skills, fast comprehension and understanding of complex avionics system concepts
- Demonstrated experience in writing avionics software
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Experience in System/Software/Hardware development lifecycle required
- Professional experience with software product development using SCRUM techniques of the agile software development process
- Some travel required
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements. At ASI, we understand the value of developing a team with different viewpoints, backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We need your skills, we need you.