X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Avionics Lead
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced “Crossbow”) is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
- B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of prior relevant experience in hardware design and testing, inclusive of qualification and acceptance tests.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in leading direct reporting team members and indirect/matrixed program team members.
- Demonstrated experience with design, test, operation of integrated systems, power systems, guidance, navigation and control sensors, and RF systems.
- Familiarity with digital communication methods.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR.
- Master’s Degree (M.S.) or higher in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with launch vehicle avionics design and development life cycle, including requirement development, detailed design, integration, and qualification.
- Familiarity with component qualification testing such as vibration, shock, and thermal testing.
In this role, you will build a functional engineering team responsible for flight avionics for solid rocket engines. Responsibilities will span initial concepts and requirements definition, relevant schematics, hardware definition, overall architecture, development, qualification and delivery of flight systems. This team not only creates Acceptance Test Plans (ATP), and Qualification Test Plans (QTP) but also conducts this testing and directs installation on flight vehicles. This team also manages vendors and releases drawings. In this role, you will provide technical expertise and leadership for design and testing. You will establish technical standards and develop process expectations. This includes sharing lessons learned across X-Bow.
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match