Blue Origin. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead development of avionics hardware and software for New Glenn. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of engineering a new heavy-lift orbital launch vehicle. Individually, you will be accountable for all aspects of the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the upper stage avionics. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Recruit, organize, and develop a highly effective team (as a second-level manager)
- Develop program strategies and plans for hardware and software development, verification, manufacturing, and integration
- Plan and execute on multi-year time horizons, including cost, schedule, and people
- Provide technical oversight over the avionics system architecture as well as detailed hardware and software design
- Manage risks and pursue opportunities
- Track and communicate status
- Lead reviews with executives, customers, and other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Experience leading successful teams of at least 20 people and managing managers
- Strong project management skills including work breakdown, logic-linked scheduling, and risk management
- Broad understanding of hardware and embedded software engineering
- Deep understanding of at least one relevant technical domain within hardware or embedded software engineering
- Experience managing at least one major external procurement or development contract
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of effectively leading people smarter than you and learning quickly
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 12 years of professional engineering experience, with at least 5 managing projects and 5 managing people
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience designing and qualifying electronics for harsh space environments (launch vehicles, satellites, etc.)
- Experience engineering for safety-critical applications in a regulated industry
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and vendors
- Experience verifying complex electronic hardware and software
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.