Avionics Systems Engineer
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanitys industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics System Engineer to join the Avionics organization. This position will take a design from a prototype to a flight-ready system through a complex test and verification campaign. This role will own the certification, analysis, and testing of safety-critical avionics components, and work with internal teams, vendors, and regulatory agencies to ensure the system meets all requirements.
What you’ll do:
Your main objectives in this role will be:
- Take avionics hardware from development-level maturity to a flight-ready system
- Work with government agencies to ensure compliance to all safety requirements
- Establish schedule and test plans to qualify all safety critical hardware/software
- Produce analyses to validate the system design
This role is heavy in certification activities–attention to detail with clear and precise communication skills are crucial.
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in a relevant engineering discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrated capability manage a hardware/software project to completion
- Experience designing, developing, and testing avionics or similar electrical hardware
- Experience tailoring design and test requirements with government agencies
- Ability to perform analysis to clearly demonstrate fault architecture meets requirements
Nice to haves but not required:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or space system
- Experience with USSF Range Safety and/or FAA launch vehicle license regulations
- Experience designing and testing hardware per common aerospace industry standards such as RCC-319, AFSPCMAN 91-710, MIL-STD-810, SMC-S-016, MIL-STD-461
- Experience with failure analysis and anomaly resolution
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.