Learn, rinse, and repeat
- Responsible for designing and building high-traffic frontend applications with non-trivial content structure and functionality
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible for mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for complex frontend development tasks including custom module development
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Responsible for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them, and supporting them as needed
- Responsible to identify, analyze, and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; looking for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem; weigh pros and cons of actions; and decide when to escalate issues
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible for transforming requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- 6+ years of relevant career experience
- 3+ years of experience using a ReactJS, Angular, or Vue
- 2+ years of experience using agile methodologies
- 2+ years of working in a consulting or agency environment with enterprise-level clients
- 2+ years of experience in the unit, integration, and E2E testing
- Strong English communication and team collaboration skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with Node.js and NPM ecosystem
- Familiarity with React native
- Able to collaborate in a multi-time zone environment
- Actively contributing to open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Committed to delivering high-quality software on time
- Desire to learn and adapt through boring and innovative methodologies and technologies
- Experience building offline experiences and Progressive Web Applications
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and integration with CMSes
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Travis, or Circle)
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
- Experience with other content management systems and open-source technologies
- Understand how back-end applications work
Axelerant is a distributed, work from anywhere, people-orientated software development company serving media agencies. We have a proven amazing and distinctive culture with our Axelerant Difference and 4.9/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 140+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world who deliver business value through open-source-based applications.
We began as an idea to build a remote organization with empowering benefits for our team members. We are a diverse team working across many time zones, with success stories that back up capabilities and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers.
We’re always teaching and learning – peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally. So, when you’re excited about learning from and helping others – you’ll find a great home here.
All of Axelerant’s roles are considered work from anywhere. However, some jobs are regionally specific due to sales or other onsite considerations. For example, when living in Costa Rica and applying for a US sales role, we will not consider you for that job opening.
Except for regionally specific jobs, like UK/US-based account executives or Canadian-based software contributors, our salaries are paid per India-based compensation plans.
Also, we typically expect people to have a two-to-four-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone each workday for meetings and coaching.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axelerant provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Remote & Flexible:
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you’re comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us to attend when you’re contributing locally and beyond.
Retreats & Meetups:
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.