Space within Your Reach - making space a normal place
Axelspace has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since the establishment of the company in 2008, and we envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use.
AxelGlobe business started in 2015 to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. In addition to a satellite launched in 2019, we have successfully launched four more satellites in 2021, which used the first mass production technology for satellite production in Japan. Utilizing this small-satellite mass production system, our new service “Axel Liner” also supports clients outside the space industry to actualize their business involved in satellite projects.
As the world faces pivotal stages in democratizing satellite development and satellite imagery use, we are actively looking for someone like you who can enjoy the challenges to make a global impact with micro-satellite technology. Hit that apply button and let’s make our vision, “Space within your reach,” come true, together!
About the Role
As a power supply system engineer for micro-satellites, you will be engaged in several facets of satellite development work, including power supply system design, circuit and board design, operation verification, and evaluation after satellite installation.
What would you do?
- Electrical power system design
- System level conceptual design
- Power generation and consumption analysis
- Solar cell and battery sizing
- Circuit and PCB design, part selection and production instruction
- Electrical power system evaluation and validation
- Unit and integrated evaluation of PCB and power system
- Post launch performance evaluation, analysis and maintenance tasks
- Solar cells
- Deployable solar panel
- Post launch power monitoring
- Implementation of new technologies and circuits
What requirements should you meet?
- University degree or higher in Science or Engineering
- Experience in multiple development cycles of power supply circuits or analog circuits
- Experience in designing and providing instructions for schematics and board diagrams.
- Able to read and write documents in English
- Knowledge and experience related to solar cells and batteries
- Experience with embedded hardware development
- Fluency in Japanese
- Ability to work with international teams or have experience working with such a team
- Ability to take initiatives to solve problems
Work Environment and Conditions
- Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
- Work Hours: Discretionary Labor System
- Salary: TBA
- Commuter’s Allowance provided (Actual-cost reimbursement)
- Virtual Office Policy (Work-from-home Policy): https://www.axelspace.com/news/other_20201013/
- Pay Revision: Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays, and New Year holidays
- Leave: Annual paid leaves provided (& five-year bonus holidays, special leaves for personal events)
- Relocation Assistance for those moving from abroad
- Opportunity to attend optional Japanese language lesson
- No Smoking On Site
Notes on application
Please upload your resume/CV (in a single file) to the “Resume” section of the application form. Also, please write about your qualities and motivation for application in the “Cover Letter” section.