Space within your reach.
Axelspace has been one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and industry since the establishment of the company in 2008 with its company vision being “Space within Your Reach,” and we envision to democratize the space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 called AxelGlobe which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. We have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and four satellites in 2021, and we currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
Axelspace is a start-up company where employees thrive to go beyond what they are, lead each other to foster individual and team development, and celebrate challenges of an individual and/or a team to respect a diverse set of perspectives and flexibility for further business and technological advancement. If you find yourself getting excited to work with us, hit that “apply” button, and let’s make our vision come true, together!
About the Role
The mission of embedded systems software engineer concerns the on-board computer (OBC) of our satellites throughout its whole life-cycle, which includes design, development, testing, and troubleshooting. Required Attitude for this role are as follows:
- Goal Oriented and Result Driven
- Aim for overall optimization, not only the code, or even the team, but the entire organization
- Autonomy, ability to work from a technical specification or write your own
- Emphasis on collaboration and teamwork
- Share the knowledge: be a mentor for others and learn from others
What would you do?
- Embedded software development, maintenance of components and systems
- Programming applications, components drivers and interfaces in C, C++ etc.
- Develop software based on satellite system specifications and other satellite component specifications
- Document design information
- Perform design reviews and code reviews
- Design and perform various tests
- Work closely with other engineering teams, partners and vendors to ensure interoperability / reusability
- Promotes co-debug and interface testing with related subsystems
- Work with hardware designers to solve any issues
- Gives support and troubleshoots problems during satellites initial and nominal operation
- If possible, perform FPGA integration by HDL or IDEs
What requirements should you meet?
- College or university graduation qualifications related to electrical, computer science, control engineering, mechatronics and other engineering.
- Business fluency in English
- Technical Skills
- Deep understanding of common hardware: micro-controller, UART/SPI/I2C, RTC, etc.
- Proficiency in C and/or C++
- Comfortable with command line tools (i.e., bash, git, gdb, etc.)
Work Environment and Conditions
- Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
- Work Hours:
- Discretionary Labor System
- Salary: TBA
- Commuter’s Allowance provided (Actual-cost reimbursement)
- Virtual Office Policy: https://www.axelspace.com/en/info_/news_/20201013/pr_201013_en/
- Pay Revision: Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays and New Year holidays
- Leave: Annual paid and unpaid leaves provided (& five-year bonus holidays, special leaves for personal events)
- Relocation Assistance for those moving from abroad
- Opportunity to attend optional Japanese language lesson
- No Smoking On Site
Notes on application
Please upload your English resume/CV (in a single file) to the “Resume” section of the application form. Also, please write about your qualities and motivation for application in the “Cover Letter” section.