Space within your reach.
Axelspace has been one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and industry since the establishment of the company in 2008 with its company vision being “Space within Your Reach,” and we envision to democratize the space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 called AxelGlobe which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. We have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and four satellites in 2021, and we currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
Axelspace is a start-up company where employees thrive to go beyond what they are, lead each other to foster individual and team development, and celebrate challenges of an individual and/or a team to respect a diverse set of perspectives and flexibility for further business and technological advancement. If you find yourself getting excited to work with us, hit that “apply” button, and let’s make our vision come true, together!
About the Role
A successful candidate will be engaged mainly in the technical aspects such as generating high-quality satellite image products required by the market, extracting information from products by remote sensing analysis, and utilizing the product derivatives into different applications. To understand client needs, you may be partly involved in sales activities. In addition, you would make proposals to start a project with clients and to generalize the concept to cover needs of potential client by integrating it into AxelGlobe. Through timely provision of high-quality products and services to clients, you are expected to contribute to empowering the clients to solve their issue on AxelGlobe and improvement of the position of Axelspace in the market and to contribute to achieving business growth.
What would you do?
- Contribute to generating high-quality satellite image products in cooperation with internal engineers and coordinate activities from technical aspects.
- Analyze and extract information from our satellite images and occasionally, using external satellite imagery data through remote sensing analysis technology
- Bring ideas that would solve a client’s issue, study its feasibility, plan and propose solution services related to the utilization of satellite images based on customer needs, and launch services in cooperation with internal and external engineers
- After-engineering sales of solution services for satellite image utilization.
- Build good relationships with clients to widen future business opportunity.
- Gather related information and perform related tasks which can be value-adding to the project.
What requirements should you meet?
- Skills, knowledge, and 2+ years of experience in image processing of imagery taken by satellite, airplane, or drone or any other geospatial data processed using Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Communication experience and skills to understand needs, problems, and issues that customers might not have awareness by themselves.
- Ability to communicate in English about product technology with overseas customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work experience to coordinate each department in the company.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to remote sensing or either discipline of agriculture,
- Experience in Project management
- Experience using collaboration tools like Jira, Gitlab and Github
- Experience in image processing and image recognition using Python, C ++, etc.
- Experience in data-oriented product development / service construction (whether sales or engineer)
- Knowledge of database system (geospatial database system is preferable)
- Knowledge of highly specialized industries (agriculture, forestry, energy, insurance, government agencies, etc.)
- Experience of sales
Work Environment and Conditions
- Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
- Work Hours: Discretionary Labor System
- Salary: TBA
- Commuter’s Allowance provided
- Virtual Office Policy: https://www.axelspace.com/en/info_/news_/20201013/pr_201013_en/
- Pay Revision: Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays and New Year holidays
- Leave: Annual paid and unpaid leaves provided (& five-year bonus holidays, special leaves for personal events)
- Relocation Assistance for those moving from abroad
- Opportunity to attend optional Japanese language lesson
- No Smoking On Site
Notes on application
Please upload your resume/CV (in a single file) to the “Resume” section of the application form. Also, please write about your qualities and motivation for application in the “Cover Letter” section.