Space within your reach.
Who are Axelspace?
~ Space within Your Reach ~
Axelspace has been one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and industry since the establishment of the company in 2008, and we envision to democratize the space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 called AxelGlobe which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. We have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As we prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, we currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
Axelspace is a start-up company where employees thrive to go beyond what they are, lead each other to foster individual and team development, and celebrate challenges of an individual and/or a team to respect a diverse set of perspectives and flexibility for further business and technological advancement.
If you find yourself getting excited working with such people, go check out our Company Vision, hit that “apply” button, and let’s make our vision come true, together!
About the Role
This position is for highly motivated engineering professional to work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team as a Spacecraft Systems Engineer to develop next-generation spacecraft systems. You will work closely with project manager to ensure the design maintain system-level requirements, budgets, CONOPS, verification and validation throughout the lifecycle of a project.
What would you do?
- Collaborate with engineering team to support full life cycle of a spacecraft – designing, testing, launching and performing initial operation
- Develop and maintain general requirements from stakeholders and specifications to engineering team for space, ground and launch segments
- Perform system level tradespace exploration and tradeoff analysis to support mission objectives
- Work with engineering team to develop on-orbit CONOPS and operation procedures and may support operation
- Maintain system level budgets such as Power, Mass, Link, Delta-V
- Prepare engineering documentation such as review, test plans and report to both internal and external stakeholders
What requirements should you meet?
- Experience related to enforcing projects in aerospace/space or other engineering field
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to spacecraft systems engineering tasks
- Ability to working in multi-national teams
- Ability to work in a dynamic, self-initiative environment with minimal supervision
- Business fluency in English
- Experience in participating in a full-lifecycle projects of engineering development
- Demonstrated one domain expertise in spacecraft engineering such as Electric Power System,
- Mechanical, Communications, Attitude Control etc.
- Knowledge in Agile Development
- Experience using orbit simulation software such as STK
- Experience using Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools
- Conversational fluency in Japanese or above (i.e., JLPT)
Work Environment and Conditions
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
Work Hours: Discretionary Labor System
Commuter’s Allowance provided (Actual-cost reimbursement)
Virtual Office Policy: https://www.axelspace.com/en/info_/news_/20201013/pr_201013_en/
Pay Revision: Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays, and New Year holidays
Leave: Annual paid and unpaid leaves provided (& five-year bonus holidays, special leaves for personal events)
Relocation Assistance for those moving from abroad
Opportunity to attend optional Japanese language lesson
No Smoking On Site
Notes on application
Please upload your resume/CV (in a single file) to the “Resume” section of the application form. Also, please write about your qualities and motivation for application in the “Cover Letter” section.