"Space within Your Reach"
Who is Axelspace?
Axelspace has been one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and industry since the establishment of the company in 2008, and we envision democratizing the space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 called AxelGlobe aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. We have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As we prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, we currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
Axelspace is a start-up company where employees thrive to go beyond what they are, lead each other to foster individual and team development, and celebrate challenges of an individual and/or a team to respect a diverse set of perspectives and flexibility for further business and technological advancement.
If you find yourself getting excited working with such people, go check out our Company Vision, and let’s make our vision come true, together!
About the Role
This position is for highly motivated engineering professionals to work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team as a Spacecraft Systems Engineer to develop next-generation spacecraft systems. You will work closely with the project manager to ensure the design maintains system-level requirements, budgets, CONOPS, verification, and validation throughout the lifecycle of a project.
What would you do?
- Collaborate with the engineering team to support the full life cycle of a spacecraft – designing, testing, launching, and performing the initial operation
- Develop and maintain general requirements from stakeholders and specifications to the engineering team for space, ground, and launch segments
- Perform system-level trade space exploration and tradeoff analysis to support mission objectives
- Work with the engineering team to develop on-orbit CONOPS and operation procedures and may support operation
- Maintain system-level budgets such as Power, Mass, Link, Delta-V
- Prepare engineering documentation such as review, test plans, and report to both internal and external stakeholders
What requirements should you meet?
- Experience related to enforcing projects in aerospace/space or other engineering fields
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to spacecraft systems engineering tasks
- Ability to working in multi-national teams
- Ability to work in a dynamic, self-initiative environment with minimal supervision
- Business fluency in English
- Experience in participating in full-lifecycle projects of engineering development
- Demonstrated one domain expertise in spacecraft engineering such as Electric Power System, Mechanical, Communications, Attitude Control, etc.
- Knowledge in Agile Development
- Experience using orbit simulation software such as STK
- Experience using Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools
- Conversational fluency in Japanese or above (i.e., JLPT)
Work Environment and Conditions
- Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
- Work Hours: Discretionary Labor System
- Salary: TBA
- Commuter’s Allowance provided (Actual-cost reimbursement)
- Virtual Office Policy
- Pay Revision: Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays, and New Year holidays
- Leave: Annual paid and unpaid leaves provided (& five-year bonus holidays, special leaves for personal events)
- Relocation Assistance for those moving from abroad
- Opportunity to attend an optional Japanese language lesson
- No Smoking On-Site
Notes on application
Please upload your resume/CV (in a single file) to the “Resume” section of the application form. Also, please write about your qualities and motivation for application in the “Cover Letter” section.