Space within your reach.
Axelspace has been one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and industry since the establishment of the company in 2008, and we envision to democratize the space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 called AxelGlobe which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. We have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018, and as we prepare for the upcoming launches for four more satellites, we currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
Axelspace is a start-up company where employees thrive to go beyond what they are, lead each other to foster individual and team development, and celebrate challenges of an individual and/or a team to respect a diverse set of perspectives and flexibility for further business and technological advancement.
If you find yourself getting excited working with such people, hit that “apply” button, and let’s make our vision come true, together!
About the Role
The candidate will be a member of the team being responsible for the development, testing and maintaining the AxelGlobe web application back-end system, that provides satellite imagery and analytics solutions.
What would you do?
- The system covers the following scopes for our business success over entire the AxelGlobe:
- Providing data and insights on the platform with cooperating satellite operators
- Ensuring the Web security to protect users’ and our business properties
- Supporting smooth execution of the contract, pricing, and payment activity.
What requirements should you meet?
- Degree in Computer Science or work experience equivalent to it.
- Experience developing in Python 3 and Python web application frameworks.
- Experience quality assurance using automated testing or something like that.
- Experience designing databases with PostgreSQL or similar open-source RDBM systems.
- Ability to have daily conversations in English.
- Experience developing and operating web back-end system for 3 years or more.
- Experience designing and developing GraphQL APIs.
- Experience using container technologies.
- Experience with performance-tuning of databases.
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems using AWS SNS/SQS.
- Experience in management or interest in management positions in the future.
- Thinks about issues which you should improve
- Prefers to architect and implement softwares
- Has interest in continuously improving a product and your workflow
- Develops with team when necessary
- Holds accountability in what you do
- Loves technology
Work Environment and Conditions
- Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
- Work Hours: Discretionary Labor System
- Salary: TBA
- Commuter’s Allowance provided
- Pay Revision: Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays and New Year holidays
- Leave: Annual paid and unpaid leaves provided (& five-year bonus holidays, special leaves for personal events)
- Relocation Assistance for those moving from abroad
- Opportunity to attend optional Japanese language lesson
- No Smoking On Site