Space within Your Reach - making space a normal place
Axelspace has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since the establishment of the company in 2008, and we envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use.
AxelGlobe business started in 2015 to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. In addition to a satellite launched in 2019, we have successfully launched four more satellites in 2021, which used the first mass production technology for satellite production in Japan. Utilizing this small-satellite mass production system, our new service “Axel Liner” also supports clients outside the space industry to actualize their business involved in satellite projects.
As the world faces pivotal stages in democratizing satellite development and satellite imagery use, we are actively looking for someone like you who can enjoy the challenges to make a global impact with micro-satellite technology. Hit that apply button and let’s make our vision, “Space within your reach,” come true, together!
About the Role
We are strengthening our network communication engineering system in anticipation of the expansion of the NTN (Non-Terrestrial Network) business beyond 5G. We are looking forward to receiving applications from those who are willing to take on the challenge of working with us to solve societal issues through the construction of satellite-based communication infrastructure!
What would you do?
- Implementing system design according to user applications and participate in the design and development of optimal NTN solutions using satellite communication networks
- Development of narrow-band communication services for IoT
- Development of low latency and high capacity communication services for back-haul
- Designing the interfaces between the onboard equipment based on the electrical interface specifications of the satellite onboard communication equipment
- Design and implementation of communication interfaces and protocol
- Designing and developing the reliability of space communication systems for improvements
- Strengthening of the space systems resiliency
- Implementation of redundancy and functional completion
- Leading the design and implementation of various system tests for the developed communication system
- Support the design and implementation of various system tests using actual satellite systems in cooperation with other satellite system engineers
- Support the development of the ground system with the ground system engineers
- Offer support to the satellite operation team after satellites are launched
What requirements should you meet?
- Degree in electronics, computer science, communication, or other related engineering from a technical college or university
- Basic knowledge of network communications (wireless and wired networks)
- Technical knowledge in network protocols (various communication protocols, frame formats, etc.)
- Technical knowledge in IoT services and devices (LPWA, eMTC, etc.)
- Experience in implementation and verification of various communication protocols
- Experience handling various development communication with external services from quotation to specification adjustment and acceptance while dealing with technical issues
- Basic knowledge or experience using various types of test equipment (protocol analyzers, etc.)
- Language Abilities (must meet one of the following)
- Business level Japanese and basic English (enough to read technical documents and emails)
- Or, business level English
- Required Attitude
- Ability to execute next actions based out of results to achieve ultimate goals
- Aibility to optimize internal work of the team and the whole engineering system
- Ability to think and act on your own
- Ability to involve others and act as a team player
- Has a strong determination to gain new knowledge and experiences
- Technical knowledge regarding 3GPP
- Technical knowledge regarding 5G
- Experience designing and building medium to large scale network
- Business fluency in Japanese
- Interest and/or experience working among international teams
- Experience in embedded hardware or software development
- Ability to design system test specifications based on system design.
- Network-related certifications (Network Specialist, CCNA, etc.)
Work Environment and Conditions
- Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
- Work Hours: Discretionary Labor System
- Salary: TBA
- Commuter’s Allowance provided (actual-cost reimbursement)
- Pay Revision: Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays and New Year holidays
- Leave: Annual paid of 20 days (& five-year bonus holidays, special leaves for personal events)
- Relocation Assistance to those moving from abroad
- Opportunity to attend optional Japanese language lesson
- No Smoking On Site
Notes on application
- Please upload your resume/CV (in a single file) to the “Resume” section of the application form. Also, please write about your qualities and motivation for application in the “Cover Letter” section.