Mission Support Specialist
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. We enable our customers to act and respond at mission speed, making customers more capable, decisions more informed, and outcomes more certain.
Axient is seeking a Mission Support Specialist to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO.
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. Our employees are the backbone of our success and deserve recognition and respect. Competitive salaries and benefits, a supportive corporate culture, and management who care about their team and their mission are just some of the ways we prioritize our employees. We provide a supportive environment that promotes work/life balance. Enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and adoption reimbursements.
The Mission Support Technician will provide the leadership team with mission-focused organizational skills and support enhanced internal and external communications.
- Provide Material Leader, Deputy, and Superintendent with mission-focused organization and enhanced staffing capabilities
- Support effective internal and external unit communications
- Review, assess and prioritize tasks from Task Management Tool (TMT);
- Organize/assign mission-related tasks to appropriate personnel; upload responses and close taskings in TMT.
- Prepare correspondence, track suspenses, organize & manage records, and support financial duties
- Review, update and tailor mission briefings, talking papers and financial correspondence to ensure accuracy and currency
- Review, monitor, edit and track personnel and manpower programs, such as personnel rosters, awards, evaluations, decorations, and other key duties as required
- In accordance with leadership priorities, manage/deconflict mission resources (conference rooms, VTCs, official calendars) and schedule meetings/events
- Assist with other duties to include but not limited to: Unit Deployment Manager, Organizational Defense Travel Administrator, Equipment Custodian, Unit Training Manager, Air Force Personnel Accountability and Assessment System Coordinator, Individual Mobilization Augmentees Coordinator, and Management Internal Control Toolkit
- Associates degree
- 5+ years’ experience in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills
- Building/editing briefings using PowerPoint
- Building/editing spreadsheets using Excel
- Building/editing Background/Talking Papers using Word
- Experience with .pdf files (OPRs, signature documents, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in an agile work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Understanding/experience in Mission Area
- Strong motivation to expand knowledge and skills
- Ability to identify and resolve bureaucratic problem areas
- Ability to work well with personnel internally and externally
- This position will require overnight travel up to 10 percent of the time. Trip durations may range from overnight to several weeks.
- Only candidates who currently possess an active Top Secret / SCI clearance will be considered. Clearance must be at least 1 year away from next 5 year update. Must be able to maintain the required clearance. Applicants for positions which require DoD security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
Must meet applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols