Satellite Communications Specialist
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. We enable our customers to act and respond at mission speed, making customers more capable, decisions more informed, and outcomes more certain.
Axient is seeking a Satellite Communications Specialist to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO.
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. Our employees are the backbone of our success and deserve recognition and respect. Competitive salaries and benefits, a supportive corporate culture, and management who care about their team and their mission are just some of the ways we prioritize our employees. We provide a supportive environment that promotes work/life balance. Enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and adoption reimbursements.
The Satellite Communications Specialist will provide on-sight field technical expertise and manual labor in the setup, checkout, operation, teardown, packing, and transportation of advanced prototype and operations space related C4IRS systems. Familiarity with setting up, operating, and maintaining RF antenna systems is a must.
- RF Antenna Technician
- Set up, operate, maintain and troubleshoot various RF antenna systems
- Set up operating sites in the field using deployable RF equipment
- Utilize a variety of test equipment to ensure proper system alignment and operation
- Train military, civilian and contractors on various RF equipment
- 8+ years of experience OR
- Associates of Science in STEM field + 6 years of experience OR
- Bachelor’s of Science in STEM field + 4 years of experience
- 4+ years of experience with both military and commercial deployable antenna systems and associated equipment
- Mobility and logistics experience
- Ability to operate test equipment (Spectrum-Analyzers, Signal Generators, Satellite-Simulators, O-Scopes, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in STEM field
- Experience setting up and maintaining RF equipment in deployed environments
- Ability to setup, checkout, operate, pack and safely transport a wide range of electronics components and systems.
- Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams, including team interaction and presentation.
- Field and operational level expertise to support systems in deployed conditions
- Ability to handle multiple efforts and switch priorities immediately to support urgent mission needs
- Ability to repeatedly lift 70-100 lbs above the head repeatedly
- Knowledge of proper maintenance techniques across RF, power, control, antenna, electronic component and related systems
- Active Class-A commercial driver’s license to support cross-country requirements to deliver systems to other vendors and/or test ranges
- Basic knowledge of fiber optics to include installation, testing, transceiver operation/troubleshooting
- Background in satellite or cellular communications and associated networking and IP based systems to troubleshoot system problems
- Fork lift operator certified
- Understanding of systems integration across RF and baseband frequencies
- Understanding of RF fundamentals and signal processing systems
- Extensive RF systems and communications knowledge across open-air, closed loop and lab level environments
- This position will require overnight travel up to 20 percent of the time. Trip durations may range from overnight to several weeks.
- Only candidates who currently possess an active Top Secret / SCI clearance will be considered. Clearance must be at least 1 year away from next 5 year update. Must be able to maintain the required clearance. Applicants for positions which require DoD security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.