Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. We enable our customers to act and respond at mission speed, making customers more capable, decisions more informed, and outcomes more certain.
Great opportunity for an Aerospace Engineer at a senior level to join the Air Force supersonic and hypersonic team at Eglin AFB, Florida.
- Provide resources with knowledge and experience in design, development and testing of aerodynamic and structural systems.
- Provide knowledge and experience on wind tunnel testing and evaluation, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and modeling and simulation as it relates to weapon systems and carriage structures
- Experience and knowledge shall include ability to formulate aerodynamic characteristics for use in trajectory simulations and to predict aero heating for thermal protection system design, experience in CFD focused on hypersonic flow, and experience in analyzing flight test data
- Assess aerodynamic characteristics and aerodynamic heating environments for hypersonic missile systems and related components
- Must have active Top Secret clearance within the past six (6) years.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Engineering degree from ABET accredited college and eighteen (18) years of professional relevant experience
- Background working with Supersonic or Hypersonic platforms including ballistic missile systems
Must meet applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance or access must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
This company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance by calling us directly at 256-650-6263 or click here to reach us by email. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.
Axient LLC is a federal government contractor and must comply with applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols under Executive Order 14042.