DevOps / Platform Engineer
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. We enable our customers to act and respond at mission speed, making customers more capable, decisions more informed, and outcomes more certain.
Systems Engineering Group (SEG), a wholly owned subsidiary of AXIENT LLC, is seeking enthusiastic candidates wanting to support the defense of our nation.
SEG provides an intellectually stimulating environment with excellent opportunities for technical and leadership growth. This position will provide support to the software development and engineering teams and offer excellent opportunities to create innovative solutions that can enhance and drive SEG’s product and software deliveries into new areas.
Responsibilities for a DevOps / Platform Engineer:
- Develop and maintain software build infrastructure, development environments, and automated build, test, publish, and deployment pipelines
- Configure services related to software build / delivery / deployment, package security, and configuration management
- Interface with IT technical staff to obtain virtualized and bare-metal hardware, software, and licenses required to implement services
- Assist developers and engineers with troubleshooting software build / delivery / deployment issues
- Configure and build containers in support of build processes – including Docker (Linux and Windows), Singularity, and podman
- Develop and enhance existing service and software deployment automation
- Write and maintain documentation of new and existing processes to comply with Government requirements
Required Qualifications for a DevOps / Platform Engineer:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Knowledge of software build, test, and packaging tools, such as CMake/CTest, Conan, Maven, Anaconda, Python setuptools, etc.
- Experience with build automation platforms like Jenkins (preferred), GitLab, GitHub Actions
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of cloud and cluster infrastructure configuration and deployment such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes/EKS/AKS
- Ability to write and comprehend Linux shell scripts, Windows PowerShell scripts, and Python
- Active Secret security clearance
- Experience working in a classified environment
- Experience with NIST 800-53 or STIG security standards and compliance for Linux systems and containers
- The Candidate will be part of the overall software development team, focusing on the build, test, delivery, and deployment architecture.
Must meet applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols