Aeropropulsion Test Analyst
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. We enable our customers to act and respond at mission speed, making customers more capable, decisions more informed, and outcomes more certain.
Axient is currently seeking a Turbine Engine Test Analyst to support the Turbine Engine Combined Test Force (CTF) of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) located at Arnold AFB, TN.
- The candidate will support turbine engine tests by evaluating test article performance, assessing test conditions, addressing test cell and test article interactions, monitoring instrumentation health, providing real-time recommendations for improvement, coverage during the test, and formally documenting test results.
- In addition, the Candidate will be expected to assist in generating analysis objectives, success criteria, and measures of performance, which support the evaluation of aerospace weapon systems; participate in CTF test planning; and support all phases of testing (occasional shift-work required during testing).
- The Candidate will also support analysis-technique development efforts to advance the state-of-the-art analysis capabilities at AEDC.
- The Candidate may also support tasks associated with investment, acquisition, technology, industry outreach, DoD aeropropulsion investigations, and other CTF test programs as required.
- A successful candidate must have a firm grasp of the following engineering fundamentals:
- thermodynamic cycle analysis
- heat transfer
- fluid and combustion dynamics
- compressible flow
- air-breathing propulsion
- scientific computing (Python, Matlab, C/C++, FORTRAN, Visual Basic, etc…)
- Statistical analysis techniques
- engineering mechanics
- It is also desirable that the Candidate possess experience with structural analysis and/or vibrations.
- A Bachelor of Science in Aerospace engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university.
- Requires a minimum of at least 1 year prior experience in ground testing or flight testing
- Must be proficient in scientific computing and programming (Python, Fortran, Matlab, C/C++, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain or have an active and transferrable DoD security clearance with current investigation at the required level. Must be able to maintain the required clearance.
- Must utilize resources effectively to accomplish mission.
- Focused adherence to safety and security requirements in an office-based environment is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with senior staff and peers is required. Communications must be clear, concise, and at the appropriate level.
- Must be timely, efficient, and produce work of acceptable quality. Completed work must meet project/program objectives.
- Personal and organizational interactions must exhibit and foster cooperation and teamwork, enhance customer relations, and actively promote rapport with customers.
- Must be in or willing to relocate to the Arnold AFB, TN area.
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
Must meet applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance or access must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
This company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance by calling us directly at 256-650-6263 or click here to reach us by email. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.
Axient LLC is a federal government contractor and must comply with applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols under Executive Order 14042.