Wind Tunnel Test Engineer
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. We enable our customers to act and respond at mission speed, making customers more capable, decisions more informed, and outcomes more certain.
Axient is seeking a Wind Tunnel Test Engineer to support our customer in Tullahoma, TN.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, planning, and executing ground tests in some of the worlds largest wind tunnels!
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary government and contractor team to plan, test, analyze, and report through multiple program acquisition phases by:
- Assisting in generation of test objectives, measures of performance, and success criteria which support the evaluation of aerospace weapon systems.
- Advising/assisting the government and customer during the planning and testing process
- Monitoring of wind tunnel test conditions and test data for compliance with test customer objectives and AEDC test data quality standards
- Tracking of test metrics and communication with AEDC leadership
- Supporting test article design/fabrication/installation, instrumentation selection, and test plan generation
- Coordination of customer and test team meetings and communication
- Documenting the test setup, results of the test, and any test anomalies in formal post-test reports
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Shift and weekend work is required occasionally during testing periods.
- Occasional travel to support testing activities is possible.
- A Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering from an accredited school.
- An advanced degree and/or prior experience working in wind tunnels is highly desired.
- Background or coursework related to the technical areas described above, as well as statistical analysis, is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain or have an active and transferrable DoD security clearance with current investigation at the required level. Must be able to maintain the required clearance.
- Must utilize resources effectively to accomplish mission.
- Focused adherence to safety and security requirements in an office-based environment is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with senior staff and peers is required. Communications must be clear, concise, and at the appropriate level.
- Must be timely, efficient, and produce work of acceptable quality. Completed work must meet project/program objectives.
- Personal and organizational interactions must exhibit and foster cooperation and teamwork, enhance customer relations, and actively promote rapport with customers.
- Proficiency with Matlab/Python is highly desired
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
Must meet applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance or access must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.