OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Staff Accountant – AP Accountant who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The Atlassian System Application Administrator is responsible for architecting and maintaining the Atlassian applications used to capture, plan, design and manufacture the first commercial space station in the world.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect, implement, maintain, and upgrade the Atlassian applications (Jira, Confluence, etc).
- Interface with stakeholders and users to understand problems, address issues, and refines strategy and architecture to meet Axiom’s needs.
- Support agile development and scrum implementation through the use of Jira and Confluence.
- Clearly define permissions and workflows internally as well as those associated with external clients, and troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Clearly outline needs and timelines with other IT personnel, system stakeholders, and management.
- Support and execute Atlassian tool initiatives, customization, dashboards, reports, and plugins.
- Capture, train and maintain the best practices and guidelines to support the Axiom implementation of the Atlassian tools.
- Address issues and deploy updates in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively monitor and improve Atlassian environments to optimize reliability, scalability, integration and system performance.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience with Confluence and Jira
- 2+ years of professional experience with IT Operating systems, networking, and system administration
- 2+ years in a project manager type role preferred
- Atlassian Certified JIRA Administrator preferred
- Atlassian Certified Confluence Administrator preferred
- ScrumMaster certification preferred
- Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
- Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to write clear guidelines and effectively communicate training documentation
- Ability to manage and execute application projects and initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to learn new technologies and explore innovative techniques for complimentary process and system growth
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork – Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment