Overview: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking bold and dynamic engineers who are preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
Summary: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas. The Electronics Engineer (Avionics) will be responsible for designing circuits for the avionics systems of the space station.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will play a key role in the design and development of electronic circuits for commercial human spaceflight modules.
- Translate high-level project and system requirements into well-defined hardware architectures working with cross-functional teams in R&D, mechanical design, software, manufacturing, and support.
- Design single PCBs and/or complete instruments including FPGA, microprocessors, power, and analog components.
- Build and test prototypes, debug, and prepare documentation for manufacturing, and support.
- Active participation in team brainstorming and technical review meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer or Electrical Engineering required and a minimum of 5-10 years of experience.
- Familiarity with data interface protocols and associated hardware such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI etc.
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers.
- Prior experience in design and test of analog instrumentation systems.
- Prior experience in design and test of stepper and brushless DC-DC control circuits.
- Prior experience in design and test of power supply and conditioning systems.
- Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
- Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork – Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.