Archangel Aerospace is an advanced Aerospace Development and Strategy company specialising in unmanned and laser systems.
Archangel Imaging is a startup developing distributed intelligence and advanced camera systems with on-device AI. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including edge AI devices winning the AIConics AI for Good award (2019), the BT Infinity Lab Augmented Intelligence award (2018), and finalist at the Dubai’s Robotics for Good (2017). We are passionate about bringing deployable AI technology to underserved groups in remote areas who wouldn’t have access to AI applications otherwise, and to tackling those major problems that affect our planet.
We are looking for an exceptional, proactive, detail-oriented back-end software engineer to deliver apps and services for SaaS customers.
You will be part of our full-stack development team and contribute to the design and development to produce novel applications that manage AI-enabled devices.
This is a chance to join a fast moving startup at a time when you can build from the ground up and apply yourself to a wide range of technologies.
International travel required.
Likely >3 trips/year to support pilots, visit suppliers, visit customers, conferences etc.
- Design and develop back-end and middleware components for our web apps, iOS and Android apps that interact with remote embedded devices.
- Interact with the other development teams to ensure a complete system deliverable.
- Design and develop key components
- Deliver quality outputs, following agile methodologies.
Essential skills / Experience
- A minimum of a Masters degree in a computer science related subject
- Strong software design and development experience, including OO design
- Strong rapid / iterative development skills
- Proficient with multiple modern technology such as MEAN, MERN, React, Vue, Angular, Node, GO, Express, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, MQTT, Kafka, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Message Brokers, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written, and spoken)
- Strong commitment to agile practices
- Strong understanding of security essentials, session management, etc.
- Familiarity with TDD, BDD, CI, CD etc.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Commercial back-end/middleware scalable system design and delivery experience
- Multi-platform architecture / design experience
- SaaS / B2B / Multi-customer development and deployment experience
- Commerical experience with cloud deployment, network diagnostics and data analytics
- Full-stack design and development experience
- Scalable IoT solutions experience
- Customer / user engagement experience
- Devops experience
- Familiar with serverless architecture
- Familiar with micro-services architecture
- Familiar with LoRa, Wi-Fi, Iridium, 3G, 4G etc.
- Early stage startup experience preferred
- Embedded software experience beneficial
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.❤
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- You will be making impact early and regularly – build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Bonus, pay rise and shares options for excellent impact
- Gym discounts, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- Paid classroom training and online courses
- Relocation support, as needed
- Fresh fruits 🍒& snacks 🍫 & ☕ weekly restocked and thoughtfully remixed
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
- Team socials
- Latest tech and tools to make your work lives easier
Location: Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus, with longer-term plans to move our office base to central Oxford/ London. Regular remote work is possible for qualified candidates. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel.
- We have all our careers-related info pack here while updating our website
- This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable.
- For questions please write to careers [at] archangel [dot] im.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on valid visas that can switch to tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, candidates qualified at PhD level, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website https://www.gov.uk/government/….