GomSpace is a globally leading designer, integrator and manufacturer of high-end nanosatellites for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. Our positions of strength include systems integration, nanosatellite subsystems and advanced miniaturised radio technology. Our international team is devoted to understanding our customer’s requirements and deliver flawlessly. We are listed in Stockholm (GOMX), headquartered in Denmark and have subsidiaries in Sweden, Singapore, North America and Luxembourg. We are more than 200 employees servicing customers in more than 55 countries.
Ambitious Space Company is looking for a Backend Software Engineer
GomSpace Luxembourg SARL seeking a “Backend Software Engineer”. The GomSpace Group, headquartered in Denmark, is running satellite operations in Luxembourg. GomSpace is a nanosatellite specialist established over 10 years ago, listed in Stockholm and with a very good track record in the market for nanosatellites.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the growing innovation team in Luxembourg. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the GomSpace Mega-Constellations Operations Platform, a modern highly scalable cloud-based platform to operate the space and ground segment of satellite constellations. You will work in a multinational DevOps team, and participate in defining, designing, implementing, documenting, testing and releasing new features. This role is based in Luxembourg.
The Backend Software Engineer is responsible for activities such as:
- Full software development lifecycle.
- Creating technical architecture, programming, documenting, creating unit-tests, testing, releasing, troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
- Working as part of our DevOps team, collaborating with colleagues on code reviews, continuous improvement and enforcement of coding best practices.
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
- Experience in OO development and design patterns.
- Knowledge of microservices and web technologies
- Experience in unit and integration testing.
- Good technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience in one of the following domains: automation, planning systems, rules engines, data analytics.
- Quick learner of new technologies.
- Working experience in Agile / Scrum / DevOps teams.
- Results-driven mindset with analytical skills and the ability to innovate.
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
You are welcome to send your application in either Danish or English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis.
Work place will be in our premises at 11 Boulevard du Jazz, Esch-sur-Alzette. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that we do not receive applications and resumes via e-mail or by personal appearance. This is to protect and show consideration for your personal information. Apply for the job by following the link below.