World's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
The Aircraft Structures Engineer is a structural specialist, with skills and knowledge beyond those expected of maintenance personnel and who is responsible for advising the RSAF on all structural design matters for aircraft structural repairs and other aircraft structural design work relating to SBDCP (Saudi British Defense Corporation Programme) aircraft and operating in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The job holder will also provide Engineering Assistance to all RSAF Fast Jet and Flying Training bases on a wide variety of non-structures related aircraft and Policy matters within their capability, as directed by the Officer Commanding AES KAAB (King Abdul Aziz Air Base) and his staff.
- Ensure that methods and data used for repairs completed in Kingdom are compatible with those necessary to maintain the structural integrity of the aircraft and respect the standard procedures of the Design Authority.
- Identify those aircraft repairs that need referral to the Design Authority and cannot be dealt with in-Kingdom and ensure liaison between the Design Authority and RSAF Aeronautical Engineering staff in progressing repair work.
- Undertake damage assessments on behalf of the RSAF in order to establish the extent of repair action required.
- Provide advice and assistance during the embodiment of aircraft and AGE (Aircraft Ground Equipment) structural repairs and modifications.
- Provide structural engineering assistance to aircraft Incident and Accident investigations.
- Investigate and make recommendations on inspection schedules and maintenance requirements for recurring structural problems.
- Prepare and draft briefs for the RSAF to be presented to MODSAP, the Prime Contractor and vendors at formal and informal meetings such as the Tornado Platform Integrity Working Group (PIWG) and the Joint Obsolescence and Supportability Working Group (JOSWG).
- Provide RSAF Officer structural familiarisation training both informally and in a formal classroom situation including the preparation and delivery of instruction that will ultimately lead to the award of a certificate of completion for the Engineers involved.
- Honours Degree in a Structures related discipline (Aeronautical, Mechanical, etc.) is essential.
- Have completed a recognized course in aircraft engineering or related engineering discipline at a military or civilian school of technical training, and / or have completed an appropriate apprenticeship.
- Extensive experience as an aircraft Design Engineer with experience on at-least one of the SBDCP aircrafts (Hawk / Tornado) or Typhoon.
- Self-motivated with the ability to analyse problems and formulate solutions to new issues that are outside the scope of the Technical Orders (T.O.’s) which takes into consideration the design philosophy of the aircraft type.
- Ability to be able to produce high quality letters and reports using the Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Ability to be able to produce high quality drawings, models and repair instructions for technicians to follow in the repair of aircraft and AGE using the AutoCAD drawing package or similar.
- The candidate should be at a level of knowledge and experience that is sufficient to be considered for a Design Authority/Design Organisation signature, should that is required.
- Ideally, candidates for consideration for this position will have been employed within the Structures/Design Department of BAE Systems.
- This is essential if the applicant is to be considered suitable to be granted Design Authority Signatory approval for SBDCP aircraft types operating in Kingdom.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
- On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace