World's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor (PC) under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use and maintain their equipment.
For such maintenance training, this role will ensure the activities of technical and support staff assigned to the Secondary Calibration Squadron, KAAB (King Abdul Aziz Airbase) Dhahran are being performed in accordance with RSAF Instruction 4- 7702. It will ensure that all incoming and outgoing inspections that are performed will verify adherence to the appropriate regulations.
- Inspect incoming TMDE for damage or deficiency.
- Audit outgoing production for correct certification, documentation, safety, packaging and
- Monitor technician quality levels by means of quality verification inspections (QVI’s),
- Perform over the shoulder (OTS) evaluations to verify processes and procedures are valid and
- Monitor the environmental conditions where calibration activity is being performed.
- Function as the focal point to coordinate and progress building maintenance activities.
- Prepare audit and discrepancy reports relating to MetCal activity.
- Assist with the administration of the Technical Library.
- Submit recommendations to MetCal management to improve organisation, resources or
- Will have successfully completed a formal training course directed towards the calibration,
repair and alignment of Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
- Have extensive practical experience as a Calibration Technician, Calibration
- Supervisor, Calibration Instructor or Calibration Quality Assurance Inspector.
- Will be fully conversant with the requirements of RSAF Instruction 4-7702, RSAF Metrology
- Program and RSAF Safety Manuals 78-(series). A working knowledge of RSAF Manual 67-
1, RSAF Supply system would be advantageous.
- Should be educated to at least Ordinary National Certificate level or equivalent, or have
significant work experience to waiver this educational requirement.
- Must have the ability to compile, collate and prepare letters and reports.
- Must be familiar with, and be able to use, Microsoft Office software applications and have the aptitude for future upgrade training as necessary.
- Must be organised and have the ability to prioritise his workload.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of Company and RSAF staff in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity, and be capable of sensitive and tactful
handling of personnel issues with Company and RSAF staff.
- An understanding of the international standard ISOIIEC 17025 “General requirements for the
competence of testing and calibration laboratories” would be advantageous.
Expatriate Employee Benefits
- In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, free utilities with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
- On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
Saudi National Employee Benefits
- In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace