BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor (PC) under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance and training, this role is responsible for inspecting, operating, maintaining and repairing electronic navigation and communications systems, and components on the Hawk aircraft and support equipment. They will ensure that all resources are available and serviceable to support the demands of the flying operation, thus ensuring delivery of serviceable aircraft to accomplish the contractual operational and flying commitments.
The position holder will be accountable for ensuring that BAE Systems maintenance support is delivered effectively to meet RSAF requirements and mitigate any activities likely to prejudice maintenance or safety, whilst remaining within the constraints the RSAF may apply to the Hawk Fleet.
- Be responsible for a team of technicians maintaining a strong safety culture whilst fault finding, repairing and delivering serviceable assets to maintain the customers daily flying programme.
- Provide accurate and up to date information to their team leaders. Acting as trade specialists offering solutions to any arising issues during rectifications taskings.
- In order to support Vision 2030 for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and to meet BAE Systems Saudisation targets, supervisors shall lead their team whilst utilising their own trade knowledge and skills and act as a leader and mentor in the training and education of trainees in a multicultural environment.
- Provide support to the Training Aircraft Generation Flight (TAGF) to ensure delivery of serviceable aircraft to accomplish the contractual operational and flying commitments.
- The prompt process of repairable components into the repair channel, and correct supply discipline.
- Ensure the procedural compliance governing Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) calibration cycles, Support Equipment maintenance cycles, and the Tool Control system.
- Comply with processes that ensure all maintenance is carried out using the correct Technical Data; Instruction Manuals are verified upon the receipt of changes or revisions; and Locally Developed Publications (LDP) are devised and reviewed to maintain maintenance capability.
Be a graduate of a service or civilian technical training institute, or the Saudi National Technician Training Programme (SNTTP); or have completed a recognised apprenticeship and have experience with the servicing environment, with recent Hawk experience.
- Have current knowledge and experience associated with aircraft maintenance, quality assurance, logistical support, and repairable asset management.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving abilities; and set and manage work direction in an ever changing environment, which must be done in a safe and effective manner to ensure procedural compliance without compromise to the aircraft airworthiness
- Computer literacy is essential, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, GOLDesp and TrilogiView systems.
- Normal colour vision is mandatory.
- A current driving licence is a pre-requisite of the job.
- Will be able to demonstrate experience in aircraft maintenance and engineering.
- Must be trained in aircraft engineering or a related technical discipline at a civilian or military school of technical training, or have completed an appropriate engineering apprenticeship. Ideally to include working for a minimum of 5 consecutive years in an aircraft maintenance and servicing environment
- Must be a quality minded, mature, individual that adopts a positive and proactive approach to aircraft maintenance and support issues.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and utilities, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.