We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
Associate Software Engineer- Space Ops Development
What You’ll Do:
- This position will provide software (S/W) support in the research and development domain. You’ll work on a joint Government-contractor team, developing S/W for multiple operational applications, such as Command and Control (C2), Space Operations, modeling and simulation (M&S), etc.
- S/W design and development.
- Work with managers and customers to establish detailed requirements.
- Design and implement prototype S/W meeting those requirements.
- Support S/W evaluation, and resolve problems found during evaluation.
- Support prototype demonstrations.
- Assist customers in preparing & conducting prototype demonstrations to end users, etc.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Successful applicant must either have or be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with development in Windows and Linux environment
- Experience in C++.
- Experience in client-server and event-driven architectures.
- Experience in web technologies such as REST and WebSockets.
- Experience in DevSecOps with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL database development (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience with containerization software (e.g. Docker).
- Software development experience using an Agile methodology.
- Current Secret or higher DoD clearance.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Current Clearance Required:
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $69,500 – $86,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.