Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer I – Electronics Manufacturing
Join the Operational Engineering & Planning (OE&P) team today! Perform analysis, planning, coordination, control, and improvement of manufacturing and test operations for all phases, systems, programs, and/or products from less complicated, single focus activities to extremely complex and highly diverse activities.
What You’ll Do
- Independently support the design review, build document development, assembly and delivery of multiple concurrent production efforts.
- Competent in modifying product designs assuring manufacturability; reducing product costs, meeting program delivery requirements, and assuring rigorous quality requirements are efficiently met through the application of professionally accepted industrial techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Design, research and develop new processes or process improvement to reduce risk, cost or process cycle times.
- Work under general guidance of senior level engineering to uncover and resolve issues associated with electronics assembly, including printed wiring assemblies, electronics “box level” assemblies and interfacing assemblies.
- Develop and maintain detailed production plans, manufacturing schedules, and factory forecasts in support of program and enterprise level operations.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce processes that effectively control company- and customer-owned material, property, and assets.
- Detailed understanding of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in manufacturing.
- Work on less routine tasks using knowledge, skills, and experience in different applications.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Work under general supervision and follow established procedures. Work on large teams including interfacing with customers.
- Independently provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of difficult scope and complexity.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Manufacturing or Operations management background with a strong technical background in Electronics Manufacturing, Process Control or Design Engineering is desired.
- Competence at the highest levels in one or more technical fields, has intuitive feel in technical areas, establish requirements for the producibility of designs, and for cost, budget, and schedule constraints.
- Ability to work multiple activities and programs, and work all aspects of a new business effort across all engineering disciplines.
- Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Effectiveness in providing leadership at all levels and with outside customers, see the big picture and initiate action wherever needed that are not clearly defined, able to influence program outcomes and customer requirements, and negotiate new business opportunities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.