We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
Ball Aerospace is currently recruiting for an established technical group leader to contribute to our growing science and technology, research-focused organization in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The successful candidate will work in a small team environment with other researchers to develop and enhance state-of-the-art modeling tools to evaluate emerging and conceptual technologies. Likely activities will include the technical leadership and programmatic management of MS&A-related projects; guide MS&A technical activities and provide technical distinction; act as primary liaison between customer, project team and other stakeholders; plan, execute, monitor, document and communicate all aspects of assigned projects.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive, develop, direct and review advanced analytical studies, model development activities, and simulations, usually as the project lead, but also as an individual contributor.
- Develop assessment or analyses methodologies, usually anchored to empirical data and theory, in a coordinated fashion with collaborating theorists, experimentalists, first-principal computational scientists, or other researchers to quantify the performance of a conceptual or real technology system under study.
- Provide detailed explanation and proper interpretation of study results through technical briefings and reports to stakeholders, peer groups and decision makers.
- Lead or contribute to the gathering and organization of critical information to support analytical studies and simulations.
- Meet with internal and external customers and project collaborators to obtain feedback, goals, schedules, budgets and other critical information to produce desired project results within resource constraints.
- Track project technical performance against cost and schedule and make adjustments necessary to successful complete project goals.
- Provide and communicate both technical and programmatic status via periodic contractual reporting requirements.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members. When delegating assignments, establish clear expectations by providing well-defined tasks with clear entrance/exit criteria, due dates, and associated budgets.
- Conduct formal and informal performance reviews to direct reports to promote professional development.
- Generate cost estimates for proposed modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Support other business development opportunities as needed.
- Develop new capabilities that enhance department offerings to current and potential customers.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, written communication, oral presentation skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work with classified information, which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Provide timely feedback to team members about his/her performance. Seek opportunities to recognize outstanding performance via the Employee Recognition Process. Address poor performance appropriately.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- BS degree or higher in Mathematics, Engineering Physics, or other related technical field is required, plus 12 or more years of related experience in Modeling, Simulation and Analysis.
- Degree in Mathematics, or Engineering Physics with experience in Modeling, Simulation and Analysis preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and project management.
- Demonstrated experience in helping capture repeat or new business is preferred.
- Current Top Secret clearance is preferred. Near-term eligibility is required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Experience operating within classified program environments.
- Strong programmatic background with government or industry desirable.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.