Our mission is to become a global leader in logistics and supply chain finance by making trade simpler, more transparent and reliable for businesses.
Our mission is to become a global leader in logistics and trade finance by making trade simpler, more transparent and reliable for businesses.
From our heritage at Uber and Amazon, we bring together a team with deep expertise in logistics, technology and hyper-growth. We are passionate about customer experience and dedicated to drastically simplifying how companies import and export goods globally. We use best-in-class technology including data science, AI & machine learning techniques to drive disruption and efficiency in a centuries old industry.
Do more than you ever thought possible – have more impact than you ever imagined.
What you will do:
- Process Improvement: Seek out areas to improve our finance & accounting operational processes – whether through process optimisation, improved tooling or automation.
- Risks & Controls: Continually identify potential risks in our processes and propose solutions & controls, where necessary, – and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout the change.
- Finance Process Execution: Monitor the day-to-day delivery of financial processes by the Finance team (e.g. Accounts Payables & Receivables, Reconciliations, etc.)
- Month-End: Develop a rigorous and controlled month-end financial close process.
- Accounting Policy: Establish and maintain accounting policies & procedures for Beacon.
- Lead and develop the Finance Team: Lead a team of two amazing Finance Associates, and continue to grow, mentor and develop the team.
What you will need:
- Accounting qualification – preference for ACA / ACCA, but candidates with CIMA + relevant additional experience are also acceptable.
- Minimum of 4 years experience, post-qualification.
- Financial Services / High-Growth experience is preferred.
- Experience with accounting tools such as Xero, Receipt Bank is a plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience leading small highly-motivated teams.
- Strong communication, organisational and project management skills will be critical.