Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity.
An Electrical Engineer IV role located in Lynnwood, WA is currently available through Belcan. The Electrical Engineer IV is a top contributor who needs little to no supervision and uses originality, ingenuity and established procedures to oversee and perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace. The Electrical Engineer IV works as a technical leader within a collaborative Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment while responsible for multiple independent tasks.
Electrical Engineer IV job duties:
- Provide technical leadership for cross-functional project teams
- Generate and review product development documentation including proposals, technical reports, procedures, correspondence, etc. necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements
- Work effectively with all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets. Build quality and manufacturability into the design.
- Define/understand/comply with company and regulatory guidelines to assure a safe operating environment
- Plan, estimate, prioritize, and manage work activities to support meeting project schedules and budgets
- Produce thorough and accurate design and development work of suitable complexity that meets all customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, producibility, quality, and reliability
- Analyze design requirements and objectives, define optimum design criteria and approach, and design system or component elements
- Initiate or direct functional, acceptance, qualification, or development testing on new or modified designs
- Understand, decompose, and define product and process requirements to support product development, sustaining and R&D
- Utilize proficient problem-solving processes, documentation, tools and analyses to quickly and effectively identify root cause and corrective actions to technical challenges and/or issue in support of product development and product sustaining assignments
- Support continuous process improvement activities including Kaizen, 5S practices to ensure an organized and efficient working environment, and personal development.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters or PhD preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Analog Circuit Design
- Micro-Electronics Design
- Magnetics Design
- Experience with a variety of switching power conversion topologies
- Control circuitry for PWM power topologies
- Experience with SPICE circuit simulation tools (PSPICE, SIMPLIS, etc.)
- Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA), Electrical Stress / Derating and Design Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Power conversion product design for harsh radiation environments as experienced by spacecraft
- Familiarity with hybrid (chip & wire) layout processes, methods, and deliverables
- Space qualified, Mil-Spec, FAA and/or other highly regulated product design experience
- Proficiency with verbal and written English for technical reports, presentations, analyses, or other communications at the appropriate level throughout the organization
- Self-directed and motivated while working and communicating effectively within a team environment that consists of several engineering, operations, quality, and business disciplines.
- Technical leadership experience
- Project management experience
- Document Control / Product Data Management tools
- Must be a US Person
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer IV role located in Lynnwood, WA please apply.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers” better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.