Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity.
A Senior Design Engineer job in Springfield, NJ is currently accepting applications. This is a direct-hire position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will take customer requirements for an aerospace fluid control component and create a viable design solution that can be carried through all phases such as design, development, testing and manufacturing. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering along with a minimum of five years of experience designing fluid control components like Valves, Regulators and Pressure Vessels.
Senior Design Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Complete new projects from creation of proposals through development, qualification, and production support
- Determine feasibility of designs considering costs, time limitations, and technical factors
- Apply engineering principles to design, develop, or modify new or existing products
- Conduct analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Prepare or directs preparations of component layouts and detailed drawings
- Plans and develops experimental test programs
- Prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products
Senior Design Engineer Job Requirements:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or the technical equivalent
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience designing fluid control components like Valves, Regulators and Pressure Vessels for the aerospace industry
- Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks software is a must
- Project engineering and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, “hands-on” environment
- An Advanced Degree is preferred
- Hands-on experience with software like ANSYS, MathCAD, Solid Works, Pro-E or equivalent is desired
- Understanding or Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing techniques and methods is desired
If you are interested in this Senior Design Engineer job in Springfield, NJ, please apply.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world’s most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.