Engineering Better Outcomes
Sitec – a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior CAD Technician for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group based near Reading. The post is a 6 month rolling contract and paying competitively on an Umbrella and PAYE hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
You must hold current SC or DV Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure the SLI process is followed and file management adhered to.
- Effective management of time to ensure project timeframes are met
- Ensuring task completion is within budgeted constraints and agreed timeframe
- Ensure robust application of CAD Standards and client site procedures
- Ensure a safe working environment and that all equipment is fit for purpose reporting any failures to operational management team.
- Promote “Right first time” and “Zero defects” behaviour within team.
- Ensuring that the quality of CAD drawings are compliant with CAD standards.
- Produce schematics, models, general arrangement and detailed drawings within the built environment and in accordance with client Standards and procedures. (Architectural, Civil & Structural, MEP).
- Undertake updates and modifications of drawings.
- Complete site surveys, ensuring redline information is recorded accurately and efficiently.
- Generate drawings accurately and efficiently from survey / redline information
- Ensuring service level indicators are met and adhered to, with a focus on ‘right first time’ delivery.
- Process and check incoming drawings from contractors & suppliers.
- Maintaining and updating record drawings in accordance with client standards and procedures.
- Maintaining drawing records and ensuring accurate document control.
- Undertaking configuration for the life of a project.
- Good understanding of the lifecycle of data
- Advanced knowledge of construction & engineering methods and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of the common data environment and Electronic Data Management Systems.
Qualifications and Training
- HNC/D in an engineering subject or equivalent.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Working within a CAD team as a multidiscipline resource
- Management and manipulation of 2D and 3D CAD information within a common data environment (CDE).
- Working on multi discipline construction & engineering projects.
- Awareness of the existence of building construction and process equipment design data is an advantage
- Advanced technical skills including problem solving and decision making
- Good working knowledge of standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases
- Good AutoCAD operation and file management.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk MEP and Autodesk Architecture
- Good working knowledge of Navisworks and Revit Knowledge of scanned point cloud data