Engineering Better Outcomes
- Prepare, monitor and control of forecasts and budgets for specified projects, including change control.
- Interrogate systems and performance to ascertain actual expenditure and project accruals as needed.
- Preparation of cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings where necessary.
- Perform and support other Cost Engineer requirements as requested.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Implement appropriate procedures, processes and systems to ensure the quality and consistency of data.
- Conduct full and detailed SPI, CPI variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales.
- Establish the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and lead on the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Developing benchmarking information to meet specific needs.
- Provide trended data to the Project Manager based on performance to date and emerging trends including making recommendations.
- Tracking manpower productivity and analysing time booked to projects including resource usage vs. planned, resource constraints, etc. and make any relevant recommendations to the Project Manager.
- Degree or HNC/HND in appropriate business or technical discipline preferable or proven cost engineering experience
- Some working from home but mostly site attendance will be needed