Engineering Better Outcomes
Sitec a Belcan Company are seeking a Stress Engineer with Vibration experience for a Space and Defence Company in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. This is a Contract role with an estimated duration of 6 Months +.
Following a familiarisation period on site this role will be working from home then working on site once COVID restrictions are lifted by the client – candidates must be able to work on site full time when required
- Perform dynamic (sine/random) analysis, prepare and conduct equipment level vibration testing.
- Independently complete all tasks required by supervision, in the allocated time, to demonstrate that the structure design meets its’ strength and stiffness requirements.
- Participating in team discussions / reviews to achieve an efficient design.
- Further appreciation of relevant design drivers and associated manufacturing issues.
- Assisting lead stress engineer on projects.
- Internal Relationships
- Work within analysis team to justify the design.
- Presenting and substantiating their solutions to their Lead Engineer.
- Regular internal-only customer contact and technical presentation.
- Supervise assistant/graduate engineers on specific tasks.
- External Relationships
- Occasional technical presentation to external Customers.
- To perform dynamic (sine/random) analysis, prepare instrumentation plans and provide analysis support to vibration testing. Preparation of test assessment reports and support to post-test correlation activitiesTo identify all strength and stiffness requirements and ensure that they are valid.
- To perform all structural analysis necessary to ensure that all strength and stiffness requirements are met with a minimum mass design.
- To ensure that the design incorporates all features necessary to meet the strength and stiffness requirements.
- Write clear and concise strength summary and test assessment reports demonstrating adequate strength margins for all significant possible modes of failure.
- Provide design support to manufacture to ensure that strength and stiffness requirements are met for all non-conformances to design with appropriate corrective action.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
- Typically 2+ year’s relevant experience.
- Experience of static stress analysis, dynamic analysis and vibration testing.
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for light weight structures strength and stiffness prediction. These will include classical hand analysis and computer techniques including the use of finite element analysis and pre/post processing software.
- Sector Experience – Space, Aerospace
Essential Knowledge – MS Office, Nastran, Dynamic & Static structural analysis
Desirable Knowledge – Femap, MathCAD, Hypermesh, Vibration testing
The successful candidate will be required to have a background that will allow UK Security clearance to BPSS level to be obtained.