Engineering Better Outcomes
LEVEL TWO / LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
- Entry Level Requirements – Must be proficient in performing the Critical Function and all Key Activities of Level Two within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- To maintain a level 2 status, key activities that have been achieved must continue to be demonstrated successfully. Must continue to show progression in additional key activities for level 2 status within the performance appraisal or PLP process.
- Accurately performs routine laboratory functions and procedures safely to meet quality standards and required schedules within a supervised environment.
- Ensures waste is identified, labeled, and stored in accordance with internal procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
- Executes all assigned testing in accordance with defined laboratory procedures, test methods, and good laboratory practice.
- Checks test results. Identifies and reports non-conforming results immediately to appropriate personnel.
Must be able to effectively read, write and communicated in English. At least one year of directly applicable experience preferred. Must be able to accurately follow written and verbal instructions. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations. Must be able to read production orders. Must be able to read and apply both Standard and Metric weights and measurements. Must be able to safely operate hand and power tools, drum dollies, and powered forklifts with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to obtain and maintain a forklift license. Should possess basic computer skills (QIA, excel, word, power point). Must be able to use and/or wear all required PPE with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to work any shift. Must be able to work overtime, as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities: Monitor complex chemical reactions/operations in a department.
Work Environment: Heavy chemical manufacturing plant environment.
Equipment Utilized: Personal computer, Chemical Reactors/Mixers and support utilities, copy machine, hand tools.
Work Direction of Others: Some training/coaching of other employees may be required.