Engineering Better Outcomes
A Project Engineer job in Middletown, CT is currently available through Belcan. This is a direct / benefited position with our key aerospace client . In this role, you will be responsible for the design, analysis and troubleshooting of company products and/or components. To be considered you will have a BS degree in related engineering field and 5+ years of experience.
- Design, develop, repair and perform basic to moderately complex analysis of fuzing products and/or components. May involve preparation of drawings; cost estimates, basic design concepts that include repair and evaluation of material discrepancies relative to the final design concept. Develop detailed information for the definition and procurement of the required components. Prepare design layout, assist in analysis and interpret engineering concept layout of developed devices. Examine product designs for application, material research and typical design considerations.
- Create, validate and verify designs from customer high-level system or internal product requirements. Perform a variety of mathematical analyses. Select concept designs and perform systems analyses using commercial analytical software.
- Collaborate with project teams providing input to the overall design, participating in design reviews and assisting in qualification, reliability and product acceptance tests.
- Participate in formal reviews such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR). Prepare presentations for submission to customers and internal management. Publish technical reports.
- Provide support to new business proposal efforts and to direct technical personnel. Support will consist of specific technical input in accordance with the design concepts/details proposed and cost estimates
- Apply principles and techniques of engineering to accomplish goals. May use computer-assisted engineering and design software tools and equipment to perform assignments.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or repair concepts throughout a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
- Guide and assist lower level engineers. Ability to work and interface effectively as part of a team. Maintain records, data and other pertinent information. Research a variety of technical information and historical background data as required.
Project Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field. Master’s preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Broad knowledge of a technically specialized field of Engineering, with concentration in at least one of the following disciplines: mechanical, electrical/electronics, systems, software, project and reliability engineering.
- Ability to implement engineering designs from concept to final hardware. Working knowledge of MS office suite, including MS Project software.
- Have ability to obtain/maintain security clearance.