Engineering Better Outcomes
The technician will work with limited direct technical supervision. The candidate must be able to perform all the typical Flight Test Instrumentation support activities and flight line support for flight test instrumentation on customer engines, including:
- Mechanical, Electrical and Pneumatic installation of instrumentation on customer engines.
- May include installation of instrumentation on IPPS (Integrated PowerPlant System) components during podding.
- Customer engines installation support at OEM, including validation of FTI interface and OEM recording equipment in AC.
- Day to day instrumentation flight line support: power up and configuration of DAS, attending de-briefings, troubleshooting and repair of reported instrumentation snags, execute re-configuration of instrumentation based on customer test requirements and Engine Build Instructions.
- Data Conversion of raw data into Engineering Units.
- Flight Test Data transfer from recorders (AC installed) to server.
- 10+ years experience in instrumentation field
- Previous experience with aircraft/IPPS instrumentation
- Familiar with flight test instrumentation best shop practices.
- Good understanding of transducer operating principles. (pressure, temperature, strain gauge, flowmeters, vibration, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of test equipment (voltmeter, scope, calibrator, etc).
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and pneumatic engineering drawings, configuration and installation drawings, Assembly Floor Sheets (AFS) and data flow diagrams/schematics.
- Experience with installation of instrumentation on hardware components.
- Familiar with different communication protocols (UART, ARINC, ETHERNET, PCM)
- Knowledge of computer software: MS Excel, MS Word.
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekend work, as required, to support customer flight test schedule. Some light travel may be required.
- Ability to do housekeeping tasks in dedicated FTI area: Shipping & receiving, keeping inventory of instrumentation, data storage, etc.
Nice to have
- Familiar with flight Data Acquisition Systems and Recorders (TTC, HEIM, PSI)
- Computer software knowledge: SAP, AutoCAD, Visio, CATIA, MS Project is an asset.
- Detail knowledge of electrical and pneumatic harness fabrication/repair and routing.
- Familiar with calibration processes is an asset (use of lab equipment, generation of calibration curves, on site calibration, etc.)