Engineering Better Outcomes
A Test Engineer job in Cedar Rapids, IA is available through Belcan. In this role you will develop test software and hardware for aviation products. This role offers an array of innovative test equipment solutions for products and programs. You will serve internal customers, including our manufacturing and service centers, as well as external customers – domestic and international.
The engineer who fills this position must have systems, development, troubleshooting and problem solving skills. The primary software languages used are C# and NI TestStand on multi-rack test stations. Typical test stations include components such as switch systems, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, power supplies and other digital related equipment. This position also requires development and support of Environmental Stress Screening (thermal and vibration) test equipment and software suites.
- Design, code, test, integrate and document production test software for aviation products
- Design test hardware including fixtures, cabling, and circuit cards
- Develop engineering estimates for complex tasks
- Perform engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for complex designs
- Lead test software design reviews and ensure the generation of appropriate design documentation
- Prepare and present project and/or technical information to peers, internal management and customersd
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years experience with:
- Programming with C#/C++
- Fundamental knowledge of digital electronics
- Experience with test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Signal Generators, etc.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time Management skills
- Attention to details